We help children with a range of issues including
- anxiety and shyness
- social skills problems and issues with friendships
- adjustment to big changes (such as parental separation)
- identity and self-esteem challenges
- trauma and grief
- attachment issues
- sleep, eating and toileting issues
- behaviour problems
- emotion regulation issues incl. self-harm
- developmental and neurological issues i.e. ASD, ADHD, OCD, Tourette’s Syndrome etc
- academic and school-related issues, i.e. school refusal, procrastination, perfectionism, bullying etc.
- Screen time limits
We love helping children build self-awareness and resilience. We prioritise working closely with parents/carers. It is imperative we understand the system that the child is a part of in order to assist in the most comprehensive and effective way.
We have the utmost respect for a parent/carer who takes the time to engage in therapy with their child, this shows love, commitment and humility.
Games, toys, and art are used with children to make therapy effective and fun.
Attachment is a focus here at Riverlands. We want to assist you as well as possible to have the best relationship with your child that you can, even throughout the difficult times of parenting.
Problems in childhood and adolescence can have an impact on a young person’s overall social, emotional and intellectual development. Working with a psychologist can assist children, adolescents, parents and families to develop skills that will support your child’s development into a confident, well-adjusted and resilient young adult.
If you would like to make an appointment or if you have questions about how we might be able to assist your child or family, please contact us today.